PTA is a national, grassroots, not-for-profit organization that was founded on February 17, 1897. The Texas PTA was organized in 1909 and currently has more than 600,000 members in 2,600 local PTA units.
PTA is the nation’s original parent group in schools, supporting and encourageing millions of parents to get involved in their children’s educations. It is led by volunteers and is accountable to our members, parents and schools.
PTA addresses the needs of all children, in every school, in every state, across the entire nation. Even you are not a member, PTA still works for your child. Our programs are created with leading expert organizations on topics of importance to our members to encourage and support parent involvment in children’s educations.
VISION: Every child’s potential is a reality.
MISSION: To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Collaboration – We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish agreed-upon goals.
- Committment – We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family and community involvement.
- Accountability – We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect – We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same hgih quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Integrity – We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here